Recently it's been a little difficult to keep my thoughts organised. They keep jumping everywhere at once, and once I get distracted from a train of thought it's very difficult to recall what it was. In the same vein, it's been incredibly difficult for me to remember things recently, and I'm never sure whether it's because every day is so similar and it's all blending together, or if my memory is just slowly starting to fail me. Or maybe it's because my attention span is just slowly getting shorter and shorter because of how much crap the internet is feeding my brain. Maybe I just need to be more mindful about what I'm thinking, and take more notice of the things around me instead of just dismissing them as "just how they've always been". My attention span now is so short I can't even get through writing this short of a post without checking my phone once for notifications, and my phone isn't even on silent so it's not like I won't hear it when I get one. I feel like the internet is slowly starting to make my brain rot. It's worrying. There are a lot of things I don't want to forget, which is part of the reason why I'm keeping a written journal, but sometimes there's only so much that I end up actually writing down. Why is it so difficult to remember?